Thursday, December 11, 2014

I Wet the Bed, Like Federico de la Fe

I Wet the Bed, Like Federico de la Fe
Insomnia-riddled night
Torn and tattered soul
Like old negligee

No peace in my mind
No piece in my bed
Nothing in the moon
Or night sky

It’s during these sleepless spells
I feel most alone

Which for a recluse
May sound appealing

But it is also
During these dreamless nights
That I find myself faced
With the only instance
I am not ok
With being without

In fact I’m something of
A child clinging
To his blanket for
Sweet life
Terrified of shadows
Monsters under the carpet
And Michael Myers
Hiding in the closet

How I’d kill for
Long fingernails to write love notes
And draw pineapples
On my back

A cool hand to run
Over my body and
Quiet the fireworks
Bursting in my brain

How I hate myself
For knowing they’d
All be gone in the mourning
With these thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment